Monday, November 2, 2009

Following your dreams


How many people hesitate in doing what they love. We are raised to believe we can do whatever we want to. Many of us set out to do just that until life gets in the way. I believe there are many people out there in the world unhappy because they didn't follow their dreams. I am an artist by trade and it is a natural talent I have. I recently decided to focus on my craft of art. There is a reason why they call us starving artist. It is because we starve to practice our craft and follow our dream. It is an expensive gift to have and you have to do it because you love it. I know when I am not creating or when outside work becomes priority, I die inside a slow death. It seems more and more people are taking the chance to start their own business. It is labeled, reinventing yourself. Since I started focusing on my craft, I can't say it has been fruitful but i can't stop creating. I wonder if we could start a whole new Bohemian movement. An American in Paris is my favorite all time movie. It is an artist and fashionistas dream movie. I have always been surprised it has never been recreated on Broadway. The artist movement in Paris in the late 18 hundreds thru the 1940's or 1950's was a great time for artist. The life of the city was free and romantic. So many artist, writers and musicians from the states were drawn to Paris for that reason and it still gives off that aura. When I decided to follow my dreams and take a chance, I came up with the idea of reproducing my art on an Eco-friendly tote bag as an advertising technique. Some may say it is not original but it has to start somewhere.
Let's open up dialog. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment