Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Taking chances


I was thinking this morning of a few things; 1) Will anyone look at my blog? 2) I wonder when the movie August Rush will come back on again. 3)I want the movie An American in Paris on dvd for my birthday.
It was very cool that the movie August Rush was on this morning, so I am watching and listening to it now. Unfortunately, no one look at my blogs but I won't give up yet. This blog is about being yourself and yes I have two blogs. It was an accident but now I will just make them both work. I thought about my father this morning, thinking about bow much I miss him. I wonder if he is proud of me. I took a huge chance this year. I got layed off of work twice and I took it in stride. Each time I went to work, it kill my creative child inside. I was punchy because I was creating and losing works of art in my brain. I couldn't find real time to create and when I did, it seemed I was always trying to do alot in a small amount of time. Even though, I was producing good stuff it could have been better and more if I found the time. So, whenever I went back to work, a voice inside kept saying, "The time focus on you." I didn't listen and when I got layed off again, the voice repeated the same thing. It wasn't until the third time that I decided to listen and I have been so scared. I am painting, creating wearable art, writing my books and nothing has really become of it but, I'm happy. I'm not afraid to face the critics, even though I know they maybe brutal but a true artist never let's go of there dream. In the background I am listening to the final song in the August Rush movie and it brings tears to my eyes because the average person doesn't know what it means to live and breathe your natural gift. To be true to yourself when everyone around you thinks you're mad for giving up your job that was slowly killing you inside. The mechanics in the work place is to churn work out and not care about the little guy that is giving up their dreams to make the grade. For so long many people look at what I do as a hobby. It's not a hobby, it's who I am. They say a real artist does their work for themself, that to be validated. That is why so many of us are on the street corner or open fairs trying to get a leg up. What should it cost a person to be true to themself?

No comments:

Post a Comment